Volunteers on our farm can expect to:
- Contribute five hours of service five days a week, plus about an hour daily contributing to general cleaning of communal areas.
- Enjoy two days a week off.
- Eat delicious, healthy, fresh vegetarian food. We have a communal breakfast and lunch daily, and provide dinner.
- A bed with linen, blankets and pillows.
- Good company and conversation.
Kinds of work
Work is varied and depends on the season and the stage of development of the farm. If you don’t know how to do something we would love to teach you – all you need is an interest and willingness to learn. For more information about the specific help we need visit our get involved page.
What to bring as a volunteer
- Work clothes (old trousers, tshirt, etc)
- Something warm, even in summer (just in case)
- A raincoat – and if you have waterproof trousers, bring those too
- Rubber or working boots if you have them – we may have some spares available
- An open mind and a willingness to share and learn